Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fish Bowl

Random Thought: "I'm glad I'm a beach bum instead of a generic apartment-owning bum. At least that mixes it up a bit. [before I got very far into the game]"

I've been saying that dream sequences are incredibly difficult to do because they need consistency, but this game pulls off a dream sequence perfectly. It does this because the rules and scenery don't change wildly, and when they do change, that change is announced and somewhat acknowledged, and if you work at it, you can link the dream sequences with the real sequences. The game is somewhat short, but it's tight and well-implemented, strikes the right balance between being revealing/mysterious enough, and serves as evidence that if you have a good story that can be told briefly, you don't need length. (Plus when you're a judge, it's nice to have some short games to help you move on to the next game). I only had trouble with noticing the mirror, but that was probably my fault. I thoroughly enjoyed the exploration into this game, and afterwards I was left with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. It achieved everything it wanted, was perfectly enjoyable, and I can find no fault.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment